Friday, March 25, 2011

2nd furniture sale

My first piece sold!  Hallelujah!  So I now have the courage to go for it again.  This is a dresser that I got at a garage sale for $5.  It had cigarette burns on the top and was not in great shape.  And because I wasn't thinking clearly I didn't take a before picture. Sorry.


I painted it laura ashley sterling, in satin finish and then distressed it a bit, then did a glaze with ebony minwax stain and quickly rubbed it off.  After doing that I thought it needed some more detail so I taped off the diamond and did a quick white wash with primer and then restained.  Then a final coat of poly.   
I am going to let this sit over the weekend and then take it into the store and see if it sells or not.  I can also buy more garage sale finds because I have finished painting all my furniture that was piling up.  I have to make little deals with myself like that or I would be guest starring on hoarders. 

5 comments:

  1. Very Cute!! That would have been hard to let go..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very nice. $5??? I think there are exceptions to the hoarding category when you find deals like that. You did an awesome job!
    Found you via tater tots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find and what a deal !!!! You did a great a job redoing it...I almost always forget the before shot too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Congrats on your first of many sales!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buy and sell new and used modern, outdoor, office, bedroom and home furniture.
    Choose from a great selection of gently used furniture for every room in your home.
    More here www.postallads4free.com

    ReplyDelete