Friday, March 18, 2011

pomander kissing ball




I originally saw something very similar to this on whipperberry.  I wanted to add some tulle and glitter because that is what floats my boat.  It was a very simple project. 

Here is what you need:


Any floral punch would work.  You need 2 per set, 1 to lay flat and one to fold the ends up.
straight pins
netting, I used two layers on this also cut into squares just a bit bigger then the flowers
glitter cardstock


This shows the process.  I took the two papers and stuck a pin through the center.  I found it was easiest to do them each one at a time.  Then put the two layers of tulle underneath and placed it where I wanted and pocked the pin in.  It stays in place very nicely.  I then bent up the petals on the top flower and left the bottom laying flat.  The tulle overlapped a little and just adds to the softness.

I am planning on hanging this from the ceiling in my daughters room, but I think it would be beautiful in a nursery or decorations for a shower or wedding.  





I will be linking this to tatertots and jello tonight.

5 comments:

  1. That is AMAZING!! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Haley, I really like it too and I did it while watching tv. My idea of a good craft.

    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely-I want to make some for my daughter's room

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! My niece has been looking for a cute idea using kissing balls for her wedding and I'll have to show here this.

    ReplyDelete