Monday, August 22, 2011

a new kitchen? 98% !

Here are the before pictures





Now for the after.  We added a new travertine floor, a new farm sink, new granite countertops, a new backslplash, a new cooktop, a new stainless vent and new paint on the cabinets and wall.














The 2% left to do is paint all the remaining wood exposed when we put the sink in and took out the cabinet to set in the vent.  I am planning on painting the red cabinet a mustard yellow and shabby chicing it up.  Plus adding chandeliers for new lighting.  Right now I am just tired and enjoying what we have accomplished.

linking to
making the world cuter
craftomaniac
tuesday timeout 
running with glitter 
nothing but country
just a girl 
share the wealth wednesday 
someday crafts
free pretty things 
sugar and dots 
the tootsie wootsie 
primitive and proper 
sew woodsy

9 comments:

  1. Wow what a great change! I love white cabinets. The island stands out in a great way. And your hood above the stove is wonderful. Oh & I love the back splash. Ok, I just like the whole thing =)

    katy @ redBuddy notes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking GREAT! Love the color of the island

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh it looks soooo much lighter and brighter, and that island is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. WHAT a transformation. I love everything about it--the colors, the tile...you name it! Well done and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now THIS is a transformation! I can't wait to see the final product. Gorgeous!

    I have a link party going on now, called Show & Share. I'd love to have you link this up!

    http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/08/show-share-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning transformation. Love, love the sink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lookin' Good! I love the color of your island!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I want to do this so bad in my kitchen. Having a hard time picking the right white. Whaaa.

    ReplyDelete