Monday, November 14, 2011

Bookcase redo

Do you remember this bookcase?


Remember how much I hate it!  It was my first attempt with annie sloan chalk paint.  Love the paint, hate the wax.  The backing was absolutely ruined by the wax and it could not be repaired.  I was ready to donate.  But some of my followers are huge smarties and suggested backing it with material or paper.  That got me thinking.  So here is the new bookcase.



I found an old methodist hymnal and used the pages to back the bookcase.  I now love it!  I'm selling it locally but wanted to show my peeps first.  The poly is still drying in the corners, so it's a little darker there.  It was very easy to do.  Just poly the back, stick a page on it and then poly the top.  No rips, puckers or anything.  Then a second coat of poly.

lisa

linking to

craftomaniac
be colorful 
reasons to skip housework 
tip tuesday 
nothing but country 
mommivores dilemma 
house of hepworth 
somewhat simple 
delightfulorder 
crazy cute 
missmustardseed 
tatertots and jello 
perfectly imperfect 
funky junk 
whipperberry 
show and tell saturday

6 comments:

  1. Love the bookcase after the redo! I am looking for bloggers to participate in 25 Day's of Christmas Blogshare...check out the post and leave a comment if you are interested in participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv the redo!
    I would luv to invite you to share your talent with us at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-2011-planner-tutorial-with.html
    Our readers will enjoy discovering your blog.
    Happy Crafting,
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super creative.Awesome re-do...I love it.. Very inspirational blog you have here.. So much creativity.. Officially following ya with smiles.. I'm Marilyn and will love for you to stop in sometime.. I have a Pin'Inspirational party happening right now I'd LOVE for you to link this to please..? TY so much.. Wishing you a great start to your weekend.. http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/11/pininspirational-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm-Amazing!! Adds so much charm and character! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The paper adds great visual interest. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried the whole chalk paint and wax thing yet. I will eventually give it a whirl I am sure since I also sell painted furniture and accessories. I really like the hymnal music treatment though. Anyone would think that was your original intention. :) Thanks so much for sharing this on Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete