Thursday, December 8, 2011

home mantle banner

I believe this will be my last Christmas post.  I'm kinda done with this holiday, except in real life.  In blogging life I'm a little over it and wanting to work on furniture, sewing, diy etc.


I thought my mantle needed just one more thing for the final reveal.



My husband has already gotten involved and changed the night to cow!  I just noticed it today, he said he did it about 3 days ago. Ha ha!


This garland is made from chipboard house shapes covered in vintage writing paper.  I have inked and stamped them and then used letter chipboard covered in silver german glass glitter.  They are strung with twine.  I love them.  Since I made one, I decided to make two more and they are available in my etsy shop.  The button is at the top of the blog.

Here is a closeup of all the letters.





I think they turned out great and the beauty part is that they work for Christmas but can stay up all year, until I get sick of them, you know how that goes.  I need lots of change.  Thanks for stopping by.
lisa

linking to

3 comments:

  1. They turned out great!! I love how your husband changed the sign!

    I would love for you to link up more awesome stuff at my new link party starting every Monday and lasting throughout the week!

    snap, craft & blog till your heart's {content} @ a content housewife {blog}

    -Lianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'll ever finish decorating this year. My house is a wreck and I'm having the church group over on Sunday. Yours is looking great! I did some glittered letters and wanted to make them stand out more. I may copy your idea of mounting them on something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantel looks great! And I like the sign! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete