Thursday, January 19, 2012

Flea market finds

This weekend I went to a local flea market and as I was innocently walking around I noticed this.



It was love at first sight.  I couldn't not buy it.  I didn't know where I would put it, but it had to be mine.  I'm sure you understand.  It ended up at the top of my stairs.  I wanted it downstairs, because I have teenagers and I only go upstairs when smells start drifting down.  Gross I know, but true.  So I put it at the top of the landing so that I can gaze up at it's loveliness every day.  The pictures a little blurry, but isn't it pretty? sigh.  The quilt was made by my mom, the picture was another flea market find from about 2 years ago.  I want to somehow hang a mirror and put something on the top shelf.  But for right now she is perfect.

Another great find is this silver plated tray.



I loved the shape and the patina.  It will have chalkboard paint in the center and it has already been claimed by my kids youth pastor's wife.  Who loved it but wanted to pay for it.  Crazy girl, don't they know how much we appreciate their love for our kids?

This weekend I am hoping to start making curtains for my house.  I have 2 panels to make for my daughters room and 4 for my family room, so expect a tutorial.

lisa

linking to
crafty,happy, scrappy
delightful order
missmustardseed
houseofhepworths
shabby nest
whipper berry
tatertotsandjello

3 comments:

  1. This is a very unique piece. I like how different pieces are incorporated into it. And I love the green!! Wish I knew what color green it was.
    Thanks for sharing!!

    XoXo,
    Kristal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I don't know either. I'd share it if I did

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete