Monday, January 9, 2012

healthy guacamole recipe

Since thanksgiving I have taken on a secret identity.  My whole family is unaware of my new activities.  I have been secretly changing recipes by adding extra greens and substituting fatty ingredients with healthy.  Sometimes they notice and I quickly fess up and act like it was a one time thing, but some they haven't noticed.  This recipe is one of them.  It's delicious!

Lisa's undetectably healthy guacamole

3 avocados, 4 if they are small
 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1 package of pre made pico de gallo, mines in the veggie section
3-4 turnip green leaves
1 tbsp salt.  The salt is key to good guacamole

Blend ingredients in the food processor.  



I love this recipe, the only fats are from the avocado.  Greek yogurt is very high in protein and low in fat.  Also according to the piece of paper at whole foods, turnip greens are the highest in antioxidants.  Much higher then blueberries or other greens.  So I sneak those suckers into everything I can.  Hopefully this recipe will work for you.

I know I promised a tutorial but it will have to wait.  It is very dark and dreary in Tx today.  I didn't have enough sunshine for a project.

lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment