Sunday, January 22, 2012

valentinedecor

I have a few spots in my house that I always change for each season or holiday.  My entry way buffet, my mantle, my dining room table, my china hutch in my kitchen and a 16x 20 picture frame in my kitchen.  Today I am going to show a few of those.  Believe it or not I'm not done yet, sigh. And my special love gift to you, is that you will notice my christmas tree is still up.  Yep, I haven't taken it down yet.

Here is my picture frame.  I usually get my free printables from eighteen 25.  But while looking on pinterest I found this baby and it was love at first sight.



I love the colors, I love the Bible verse, everything.  Here is the link so you can get it too, if you want.

I'm not much of a pink girl.  I love it to wear and in other things, just not in my house.  So I try to avoid it as much as possible.  It's hard for valentine's day but I think this printable and other things I've incorporated do the trick.

Here is my candle scape on my dining table.



I just kept it the same as usual but added a piece of red velvet that was lying around.  Plus see that tree in the background?  Just keeping it real.

The mantle


I kept the buckets from Christmas.  I am putting large tall galvanized buckets for the rest of the year.  They are currently sitting in my backyard seasoning (I hope), I want them to look old.  But I liked the sparkle from these for v day.  The red hearts I made from the red velvet material on my dining table.  A very easy craft.  I just recently received alot of milk glass from my aunt and I want to keep these on the mantle and just fill with different things from each season.

I couldn't get a decent picture of my china hutch.  Plus I'm not loving it. I would love to find some silver leafed little love birds, do you know of any?  I've looked at the dollar store and thriftstores.  I can silver leaf myself but haven't seen any.  I was hobby lobby yesterday also.  So please leave a comment if you know of a good place to get them.

lisa

linking to
simpleklassichome
flamingotoes 
lollyjane
southern institute
atoz

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea with the Bible verse. I don't use much (any) pink in my decorating the Bible verse idea I could run with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun decorations; love that printable! Would you share here?

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/shine-on-fridays-11-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete