Monday, April 9, 2012

my backyard

I have a beautiful backyard.  We planned for it for along time. 

We don't seem to have any pictures of just our backyard.  So here is one of my daughter for her first day of school this year.  The pool is obviously in the background and then if you keep going to your right we have a shade structure with a fireplace.


That's my dog, but the fireplace is to the right and there is a huge shade structure over it.  Now so what's the problem,  it's a small one but it has become a big deal.  We live in Tx and the winds can get up to 40 or 50 mph in the spring and summer and it seems to go straight down the pool and through the shade structure.  Everything gets blown all over the yard.  I had such beautiful plans to decorate this and none have worked out because of the stinking wind.  Well I'm not one to wallow or feel sorry for myself for such a PRINCESS problem, so this spring I am praying and thinking about it and I think I have my first success.


For the top of my table I bought this huge old tool box.  It's probably 2 feet by 8 inches wide.  It's heavy and it holds stuff.  I spraypainted it a light blue green.  I didn't distress it because it will get that way on it's own.  It's cute, it's heavy, it won't get blown by the wind and I can put pretty stuff in it and it's not blown away either.

Here's what it holds



8 inch plates (plastic)  paper towel roll, cups, a mason jar filled with silverware and my beautiful milkglass vase with snapdragons in them.  The front row I think will hold our condiments, I'm not sure yet about that.  But it's practical and beautiful at the same time.  Come back all week for more wind bustin backyard decor ideas.

lisa

linking to
craftomaniac 
becolorful 
between naps on the porch 
bedazzle me monday 
lines across my face
missmustardseed

2 comments:

  1. I wish my back yard looked like that. It's just beautiful. I love the tool box idea, I'm going to have to try that this summer. I'm your newest follower, I hope you will follow me back at http://sister-number-5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete